We know how important it is to you to understand how your personal information is collected and shared.
We take your privacy very seriously.
We are committed to providing a safe and secure learning experience for students, educators, and parents who use our websites, services, and software.
This document describes how your and your student's personal information is collected, used, and shared by PracTutor.
PracTutor collects information for educational purposes only.
The information collected includes
- Information a School, District, Teacher or Parent Gives Us - This may include Student’s First and Last Names, Gender, Grade Level and District/School Details when the school, teacher or parent registers on PracTutor
- Information a Student Gives Us - This may include student’s username and password, their scores and any performance data (for example - the lessons a student chooses to take, games they may play, video lessons they learn from, when a student starts and stops a practice test and student responses in the lesson)
- Student Information We Automatically Collect: We receive technical information from the computer or tablet/mobile device a student uses to interact with our Programs. This technical information may include, for example, the device operating system, web browser type, and IP address. This information is collected using cookies and analytics and tracking tools like Google Analytics.
PracTutor uses the information collected for educational or school purposes only or as authorized by the school, teacher or parent.
This information is used for the following purposes -
- to better understand the Student’s Performance in comparison to others to provide you reports and insights.
- to better understand your and your student's preferences and to improve your and your student's experience on our programs.
- to Customize and Personalize our Programs to make recommendations and help students learn better and at their levels.
- to help you support better to any questions you might have
- to improve our Programs by providing important updates and features and functionalities that you need.
- to send you updates regarding new feature releases, invoices, security alerts, and other relevant messages.
PracTutor takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data.
These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures. We use Amazon Servers to store all data which are extremely secure with state of the art physical and online protection. Please check this link for more details - https://aws.amazon.com/security/
Your registered accounts are password-protected or created through trusted third party tools so that only you have access to any personal information you have entered in your account. You may edit your account information at any time by logging into your account and clicking the Account Settings link.
For your protection, remember to logout of all accounts before closing your browser. There is a logout link available from all pages. After logging out, make sure to close all browser windows. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information if you share a computer with someone else or are using a public computer.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our products and services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
PracTutor does NOT sell any student Information to third parties.
PracTutor does share Student Information in the following scenarios -
- with your educators, schools or school district at their request
- with third party service providers, consultants, and other service providers who perform services for us and need access to your or your student's information to do that work in a manner consistent with this Policy (for example, our web hosting provider, third party analytics service providers etc.)
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company, in which case the company receiving the personal information would be obligated to follow this Policy.
- with additional third parties for authorized educational or school purposes, or as authorized by the educator, parent, or by the student as permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
- information may be released if it has a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request and detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
PracTutor is personalized for each student, so the information we receive is required for a student to use PracTutor.
At any time, the student or teacher/educators can update, change, edit or remove basic student information (First and Last Name, Email/Username, Password) from the program. More information may be revoked by sending a request to us. At a student's, educator's, or parent's request, we will remove, de-identify, or anonymize any information in our program, and the student will no longer be able to use our Programs.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact us at
Last Updated - November 17, 2016